Details of upcoming events:
Lifting the Lid on Elder Abuse
Safeguarding, Protecting, Preventing Elder Abuse in our Communities
In the midst of this crisis and into the future, how can we keep our older neighbours safe from elder abuse? Muintir na Tíre in collaboration with the National Safeguarding Office of the HSE is hosting a series of webinars across the country to raise awareness about Elder Abuse in all its forms.
Join us for one of these live online events, with experts from the HSE, An Garda Síochána and Financial Services to help us understand the risks, recognise the signs, learn where we can get supports and consider what your community can do to Keep Safe and Well. The event will include presentations and a panel discussion with an opportunity for attendees to submit questions to the panel. Attendance is free but spaces are limited and can only be reserved by clicking on the Register Here link below. There will be 5 regional events so you can join the event of most relevance to you.
When you have registered for the event you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing a unique link which will allow you to join the event. This link cannot be shared as it is unique to you so every attendee will have to register individually.
Muintir na Tíre would like to acknowledge the funding it has received from the KEEP WELL Campaign, which is brought to you with thanks to Healthy Ireland, an initiative of the Government of Ireland with funding from the Healthy Ireland Fund and the Sláintecare Fund delivered by Pobal.
- Eastern Region (Laois, Offaly, Kildare, Wicklow, Meath, Westmeath, Dublin) – Thursday 25 March at 7:30pm – Register here
- Northern Region (Donegal, Cavan, Monaghan, Sligo, Leitrim, Louth) – Thursday 29 April at 7:30pm – Register here
- Southern Region (Cork, Kerry, Limerick) – Tuesday 4 May at 7:30pm – Register here
- Western Region (Clare, Galway, Roscommon, Mayo, Longford) – Thursday 20 May at 7:30pm – Register here
- South Eastern Region (Tipperary, Wexford, Kilkenny, Waterford, Carlow) – Monday 24 May at 7:30pm – Register here
(Note dates and times are subject to change)
Testimonials from first event:
“Worth attending. Some great content, information and tips to look out for when dealing with the elderly.”
Adrian H (LinkedIn)
“I just wanted to say thanks for organising this webinar. I found it very informative and appreciate the input from the speakers.”
Jon B (email)
“Well done. It was a really informative Webinar.”
Fiona H (Twitter)